Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When God was in my kitchen

This morning God was in my kitchen. There we stood with coffee in my left hand and the whole world in his right.

"Sarah."

I ignore him.

"Sarah." He says again.

"I don't really want to look at you right now" I reply.

"Sarah." he prods.

"I'm really disappointed in you!" as I turn to face him my face gets hot with the familiar tears that have been flowing since 10:00 am last Friday morning.

"Why are you doing this? Why is this your answer!? What does it matter!?" I shout at him in a barrage of accusations I poorly disguise as questions.

" I know this is hard and sad for you. But I need you to trust me" says the God of heaven and earth in gentle fatherly tones brimming with sincerity.

"But this is not what I asked for! And I prayed. And I believed. Just like you told me to do. And you give me this as your answer? You've got to be kidding me!" I snap back.

"How am I supposed to keep believing? This isn't what I asked for! " I say in a instant before taking the time to think

I continue with my line of questioning accusations "I believe that you answer every prayer so why did you tell me no?"

"Sarah, I need you to trust me." he states matter-of-factly.'

"But God..." I start

"Sarah!" shouts God in a tone that says you do not dismiss me. " I need you to trust me, so that she will trust me."

I look away.

My face is hot and getting hotter. The lump I had managed to shove down is climbing back up into my throat and I can no longer hold back the feelings. Slowly I turn my face back to his, and as the tears begin to roll down my cheeks like thunder clouds across the planes, I meet his eyes.

"Ok." I finally say.

3 comments:

  1. My heart breaks for you guys, this is really powerful stuff. But I trust and know that God is in complete control and in the end you all, and especially Georgia, will be so much stronger. I love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...sobbing...powerful and raw...thank you for sharing...it is more encouraging than you will ever know...

    ReplyDelete